Friday, December 21, 2012

Cool Computer Wall Paper images

my desktop, new year's week
computer wall paper
Image by arthit
my desktop (not actually a desk, but a Japanese-table) in my everything-room (shared with my two brothers). 4 Jan 2008.

books. plastic bags. hat. lomo. maps. wires. envelops. poster. postcards. magazines. papers. papers. papers. and my worn computing buddy.

(on the right is my brother's arm)

blog entry for this photo:
bact.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-physical-desktop.html


The Annotated Office Space
computer wall paper
Image by jpmatth
one last look at the digusting work environment i'll be leaving forever on 8/10/05.

notice how my "cubicle" is really only two walls. this place is cheap as cheap can get, and proper cubicles would have also affected the supervisors' ability to spy on us. check out the awesome 70s burnt orange color scheme. other half-cubes in this area are treated to harvest gold and some kind of dingy beige. that's because these cubicle walls are approximately 30 years old. only the worst hand-me-down crap is good enough for us!


(a crappy photo of) My Workspace.
computer wall paper
Image by capturedbychelsea
I'm not sure if my workspace constitutes an "office" as it doesn't have walls like most offices do. :) It's really small, but it's got plenty of room for everything I need. Like I said - I don't think you need to spend a lot of money or have a huge space to get a fully functional space. Hope that helps S!


Avarice / Border Dynamics
computer wall paper
Image by 666isMONEY ☮ ♥ & ☠
Went for a walk to the University, it was homecoming. (Arizona lost: Utah 34, Arizona 21.)

Went to the library to see if a Google search on their computers turned up "666isMONEY' by typing in "666," it did.

Map link shows the Harvill building where the "Border Dynamics" sculpture is located.

View large.

Border Dynamics

. . . . Last year, they [Alberto Morackis and Guadalupe Serrano] attracted widespread attention in Mexico and the United States for "Border Dynamics," a set of four monumental human figures that leaned against the wall in the same location. The piece traveled to the UA last fall, and stood outside the student union--complete with an improvised border wall--for two months.

The 14-foot painted metal figures extended outward from the fence, with their feet in the Mexican soil and only their hands or backs touching the corrugated metal. The message was ambiguous. Either they were trying to push the wall down, climb over it, or keep back the hordes on the other side.

The uncertain fate of "Border Dynamics" is instructive about the pitfalls of political border art. Now in storage, it never took its planned place on the Arizona side of the border wall. . . .

Read more: Tucson Weekly, 13 May 2004.

See also: University of Arizona, Daily Wildcat, 15 September 2003.


My Workplace
computer wall paper
Image by letmehearyousaydeskomdeskom
Well ... here's my office ^^ - I've tidied up my desk a bit, and cleaned off the walls in preparation of the Civil Service Pinup -calendar 2007. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment